Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Foster Care: A Story in Ministry

by Sister Liz Sjoberg, D.C.

I work in the overnight emergency program at Marygrove, an agency in St. Louis that serves abused, neglected and homeless children and teens. The kids we see in our program are ones experiencing a major crisis, such so that they cannot live in their family home or foster home anymore. Their stories are heartbreaking and dark.

One of the girls at Marygrove shared poems she wrote about her experiences. This is the third poem we've shared over the last couple of weeks. Please keep Marygrove and the children we serve in your prayers.

Foster Care

They take you away from your real mom and dad, then expect you not to get all mad.
They try to place you in a home with a stranger, every time for me I'm sent away because I'm the danger.
I maybe finally found the one place I belong, I've been progressing and happy, it's been so long.
I'm growing and learning to be more free, trying to become the best I can be.
My past may form me but it's not who I am, so watch out foster care–I'm taking a stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment