Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Jesus, I Trust in You

In 2010, I had the very special privilege to travel to Poland while en route to our Motherhouse in Paris.

I spent time in Krakow with our sisters. I made my way to Oswiecim - the town there Auschwitz and Birkenau are located - paying homage to the many martyrs, particularly our Jewish brothers and sisters, who gave their lives in those dark, sacred places.

Image: FlorLarios Art
It was my devotion to St. Maximilian Kolbe that drew me to Poland and Auschwitz in the first place. It was St. Maximilian and the Father Kolbe Missionaries who first introduced me to the Miraculous Medal as a very young adult. I wanted to make a pilgrimage to thank him for the gift of my love for the Blessed Mother and for my vocation as a Daughter of Charity.

At my request, the sisters took me to Czestochowa. We journeyed to Jasna Góra with thousands of pilgrims and attended mass in the presence of the marvelous image of Our Lady of Czestochowa - the Black Madonna.

That afternoon, on our way back to Krakow, the sisters wanted to take me to a place that was very special to them. We went to the shrine and the site where St. Faustina received the message of Our Lord in the Divine Mercy.

It was a story I was aware of but did not have a deep devotion myself. That day, I experienced the great love that the sisters and people of Poland had for this special gift to the Church and to the world.

I saw St. Faustina's bedroom window. The sisters showed me many places at the shrine that were so meaningful to them. As that afternoon went on, I started having feelings for this merciful Christ that I had been in images all over the place with the words, "Jesus, I Trust in You."

Sometimes, that's how love works. We start to love things because those we love actually loved them first. We love a show or a sports team because someone we were close to first loved them. We can't help but to fall in love, too.

How can we help but to fall in love with Jesus' Divine Mercy? At any moment in time, we are so aware of how much the world is in need of Jesus' Mercy and Love. We don't have to look far to see situations and events that are in great need of Mercy, Love, Forgiveness, Peace, Generosity, and so much more of those Christ-like gifts.

What a treasure! I am so grateful for that Sunday in Krakow when our sisters shared with me their love - causing me to fall in love. Jesus, I Trust in You! Thank You for your Divine eternal Mercy!

Written by Sister Lisa Laguna, D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment