Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

March Update


March was an exciting month for the Daughters in the Emmitsburg Province! March 15th we had Sr. Elizabeth Ann (Liz) Sjoberg's "sending on mission."

Then on March 25th, the Feast of the Annunciation we renewed our vows. This is the 200th anniversary of Mother Seton's vows made at St. Mary's on Paca Street in Baltimore (where her she lived for a year and St. Mary's Seminary had been located). Archbishop O'Brien celebrated Mass for about 36 of the Daughters of Charity in the small downstairs chapel on Paca St. It was a powerful experience renewing my vows in the same space that St. Elizabeth Ann Seton first made her own vows. In all my years renewing my annual vows, this is the first time I have done it with so many Daughters. I was very touched by the experience. What a great boost for my vocation!


No comments:

Post a Comment